Country Meadows Apartments asks that each prospective resident fill out a complete application. Each application is thoroughly reviewed and accepted or rejected based on the criteria listed below:
Income - The applicant must show a verifiable monthly income of three times the amount of the rent each month
OR ability to pay comparable rent with two or more of the following documentation for the past 24 months:
1. Rental references for the past 24 months from a rental housing provider not related
2. References from the past 24 months from employers.
3. A statement from your current employer that you will continue to be paid
the same amount for the coming year that you were paid for the last 24 months.
4. Other written documentation of rent payment history for the past 24
5. Other written documentation of income history for the past 24 months.
6. Prior leases for the past 24 months.
7. Cancelled checks or receipts for the past 24 months.
8. Proof of governmental assistance.
9. Wage statements for the past 24 months.
10. Pay stubs for the past 24 months.
11. Tax returns for the past two years.
12. List any expenses you have incurred or will incur over the rental period
which you did not have during the previous 24 months.
Credit History - A credit report will be requested from the Madison Credit Bureau.
Current and previous rental history - Verification will be completed to determine timely rental payments, current lease expiration, noise complaints, and if a renewal was offered.
All prospective tenants will be informed of the availability of apartments, tenant selection criteria, and rental policies. Each adult applicant (over 18 years of age) must fIll out an application completely.
Management reserves the right to reject any application that is incomplete, falsified, or does not meet qualifying criteria. Management reserves the right to modify the criteria subject to current market factors.
None of the following factors will be used to assess an application: race, color, national origin,gender, religion, disability, age (over 18), family status, marital status, lawful source of income, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical appearance, political beliefs, military discharge, student status, and arrest/conviction records (excluding applications who have certain conviction records - City of Madison only - or an offense that would cause a reasonable person to have a justifiable fear for the safety of other residents or employees).
We will make every reasonable effort to check an application promptly but please remember that the time required depends upon the availability and cooperation of your reference sources. Notification of the acceptance or denial will be given no more than 21 calendar days from date of application.
We require an earnest money deposit of $100.00 to accompany the application. If your application is not accepted, the earnest money deposit will be returned to you. If your application is accepted, the earnest money is applied towards the security deposit.
With signing this document, the applicant gives permission for Country Meadows apartments to investigate all statements on the application. This includes verification of employment, rental history and credit report.